We don’t get any State subventions and have to finance our activities by donations or private sponsors (the Federation will be able to submit a grant request next year).
For the last 18 months, we have been training Monegasque players to allow them to defend the colours of Monaco in International Competitions. Last year Monaco was able to play for the Padel World Championship qualifiers.
This year, the male team has directly qualified for the finale phase of the European Padel Championship that will take place from the 13th to 18th November 2017 in Estoril, Portugal.
Our team members, in accordance with the criteria of the International Federation of Padel, are either Monegasque nationals or Monegasque residents for more than 3 years (Monaco is only a very small country with 8,300 nationals).
For the European Championship, our Padel Team will be as follows:
- - Benjamin Balleret : Monegasque Resident, former David Cup Player for Monaco and ATP classification n°204 Worldwide.
- - Yann Bertrand : Monegasque National, excellent tennis player, passionate about Padel for the last 2 years,
- - Franck Damar : Monegasque National, doubles partner of Yann Bertrand in tennis and now in Padel,
- - Anthony De Sevelinges: Monegasque National, still holder of the Monegasque record in Athletics, good tennis player and padel player for the last 3 years.
- - Stéphane Gloaguen : Monegasque National, tennis coach and physical trainer for big ATP players, padel player for 4 years.
- - Colin Gresham : Monegasque Resident, passionate about padel for 4 years, playing 3 or 4 times a week.
- - Andrew Knox, Monegasque Resident, padel player for20 years and co-president of the Padel Federation of Monaco.
They will be travelling with Philippe Sassier co-president of Padel Monaco, padel and passionate since 1989 following a visit to Argentina, and Kristina Clément, coach trained by the Spanish Padel Federation.
Monaco will be one of the 16 countries represented during this competition.
The objective is to participate and try to get to the best possible ranking and experience against other nations and play against the best Worldwide players (notably Spain).
Transportation : Nice / Lisbon Return, hotel & meal expenses.
Objective : Monaco is represented and can participate in the next European Championship of Padel in Estoril.
Global Budget to participate in Estoril € 5.000€
Ideal amount that we’d like to collect € 3.000€
If we collect more than the € 2.500, this will allow us to finance other Padel events.
Daghe Munegu !