SUPPORT THE KINSHASA ORCHESTRA
What distinguishes the Printemps des Arts from other European festivals is the priority it gives to discovery in the broadest sense of the term, such as the discovery of musical cultures from other continents, from which it invites the best representatives.
Here, it is the Kimbanguiste Symphony Orchestra (Democratic Republic of Congo) that wishes to help the Printemps des Arts. Originally created to unite the faithful, Armand Diangienda founded a real symphony orchestra in 1994. Whether they are flower sellers, launderers, antenna installers or building painters," Everyone has a place here. Everyone contributes. That's the advantage of a symphony orchestra.»
Several actions have been undertaken to help this orchestra, which comes from a country of extreme poverty and does not receive any subsidies. These projects would not have been possible without the valuable support of the Martin Maurel Sella Bank and RawBank. Here are some of them :
‣ Two concerts in Monaco
‣ The donation of a harp by H.R.H. The Princess of Hanover
‣ The training of a luthier in the Principality
‣ The trip of the choir director of the Monte-Carlo Opera to Kinshasa
For more information on our actions, you can consult our site internet
Describe your project goal
How can we help them ?
We wish to continue the actions implemented, contribute to the purchase of new instruments and strengthen training. It is essential to help this orchestra that can't afford to exist !
Your support will contribute to :
- • To train the harpist of the orchestra, Mrs Florsi Makizolela, from May 6 to 17, 2019 in Monaco,
- • To train a new violin maker, Mr. Patrice Ntela, from May 6 to 17, 2019 in Monaco,
- • Provide new instruments, accessories, string sets and scores to the musicians of the orchestra,
- • Organize the trip of the violin maker from the Monaco Academy of Music to Kinshasa for one week in order to strengthen the training of Congolese violin makers and to work with the equipment they really have on site.
The cost of hosting a Kimbanguist musician in Monaco is about 3500 euros for 2 weeks.
The 8-day trip to Kinshasa for the violin maker from the Monaco Academy of Music also amounts to 3500 euros.
With the remaining 4500 euros, we will buy equipment and instruments for the musicians and if there are still funds left, we will renew the same operations every year.
Thank you for them !